ISO 9001:2015 Foundation
ISO 9001:2015 Foundation
ISO 9001:2015 Foundation
RICI Company Limited is a global leader in ISO 9001 Certifications. We have a team of expert trainers with more than 15 years of professional experience. Our instructors have developed a unique teaching style to help aspiring ISO 9001 professionals master the art of Designing, Maintaining and Improving Quality Management Systems. We train and develop highly competent Quality Management Professionals, and most of them go on to work on managing large scale enterprise Quality Management Project Audits.
ISO 9001 is a well-known standard. By setting out the criteria for a quality management system, the standard ensures businesses understand their customers’ expectations of them and what processes they must improve in order to reach these expectations. The latest version of the standard, ISO 9001:2015, places greater emphasis on leadership engagement and simplified language for increased understanding.
This 1-day course explains the benefits of the ISO 9001 quality management system standard and introduces the principles that should be in place in order to form an effective and standards-compliant quality management system. At the end of the course, you will take our ISO 9001 Foundation exam to certify your knowledge.
This ISO 9001 Foundation course is the first of our four ISO 9001 courses which go together to produce a fully competent ISO 9001 user, who can fully implement and audit the use of ISO 9001 in both their and others’ organizations.
Who should attend this ISO 9001 Training Course?
This course is suitable for anybody requiring a basic understanding of ISO 9001 and how it helps to improve quality standards. Suggested job roles include:
- Quality managers
- Other managers
Aim of the Course
This course aims to provide students who have an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, quality management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 9001; and to provide a basis for students who wish to go on to complete the QMS Auditor Training courses.
Objectives of the Course
Delegates will, at the end of the course, be able to:
- Understand the purpose of a quality management system, of quality management systems standards, and the business benefits of improved performance of the quality management system
- Understand the structure and content of ISO 9001 and its relationship with ISO 9000
- Understand the specific quality management-related requirements of ISO 9001
There is NO formal written examination on this course. However, to be successful on the course, delegates must:
- Complete/attend all elements of the course.
- Demonstrate achievement of the learning and enabling objectives.
As this is a Foundation course, there are no prerequisites. However, some prior knowledge of quality management will be beneficial.
Detailed Course Outcomes:
Delegates will, as a minimum, come out of the course able to do the following:
- Outline the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, measuring, analyzing, evaluating, reviewing, maintaining, and improving a quality management system, including the significance of these for QMS auditors.
- Understand the terms and definitions defined and used in ISO 9000
- Outline, with reference to the PDCA cycle and the model of a process-based quality management system, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
- Making reference to the seven quality principles, explain the relationship between ISO 9001 requirements and ISO 9000
- Understand the relationship between the external and internal issues, the specific requirements of relevant interested parties, the actions to address risks and opportunities, and the quality management system processes needed to implement them.
- Understand the purpose of the scope of a quality management system and what should be considered when determining it.
- Understand the purpose of a quality policy, the relationship between the quality management system scope, and the quality policy and the requirements for its content, implementation and review.
- Understand how top management demonstrates leadership and commitment by taking accountability for the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Understand the requirements for quality objectives and the relationship between them, the quality policy and management review.
- Give examples of the resources needed to achieve customer satisfaction and conformity to product and service requirements, and explain the requirements for support.
- Understand how the organization plans, implements and controls the processes needed to meet quality management system requirements, and how any externally provided processes, products and services are controlled.
- Understand the typical processes and associated process controls required to achieve customer satisfaction and conformance of product and service with requirements.
- Understand the requirements for the monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of the quality management system performance against planned objectives and for the internal audit.
- Understand the processes involved in achieving continual improvement of performance through improving the suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the quality management system and the related processes.
- An understanding of risk-based thinking
- Relationship with other management system standards