ISO 50001:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course
PR366: Energy Management System ISO 50001:2018 Lead Auditor (CQI and IRCA Course Approval No – 2151)
ISO 50001:2018 outlines the Requirements for Energy Management Systems. ISO 50001 is an ISO standard that specifies requirements for establishing, implementing, operating, maintaining and improving an energy managements system and whose purpose is to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy usage and consumption including measurement, design and procurement practices for equipment, facilities, processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance.
ISO 50001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Energy Management System (EnMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
Over 5 days of training, you will learn how to carry out the role of a Lead Auditor, including best practices for auditing, and skills for planning, carrying out and reporting on an ISO 50001 audit. You’ll learn how to determine the effectiveness of a company’s Energy management system, take the lead in determining auditing processes and lead an audit from inception to completion.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a CQI-IRCA-approved RICI ISO 50001 Lead Auditor credential. By holding a CQI-IRCA-approved ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Benefits to an Organization
Auditing ensures the set of rules towards the measures that are being implemented to protect an organization and its customers in an effective and result-oriented way. By using a management system, you can help your business to tackle issues like global threats of energy shortages, rising fuel costs and increasing laws which remain critical factors that need to be considered in the daily operations of any business.
The ISO 50001 standard requires an organization to oversee the development and operation of the energy management system so that the organization is able to achieve its energy objectives and targets and improve energy performance.
The course includes lectures, interactive group and individual workshops, case-studies, role-play exercises, simulating real-time scenarios, including the following topics:
- Purpose of an energy management system
- Energy management systems standards
- Energy management system audit and third party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up of energy management system audit in accordance with ISO
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an energy management systems to establish conformance (or otherwise) with ISO 50001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
Who Should Attend?
Organizations that seek to the implement Energy Management System under the umbrella of ISO 50001:2011 or individual looking to enhance their careers as EnMS Auditors:
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Energy Management System (EnMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an EnMS audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Energy Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Energy Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Energy Management
A fundamental understanding of ISO 50001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.