ISO 22301:2012 Lead Auditor Course
PR311: Business Continuity Management System ISO 22301:2012 Lead Auditor (CQI and IRCA Course Approval No – 17755)
ISO 22301 specifies requirements to plan, establish, implement, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to prepare for, respond to and recover from disruptive events when they arise. This is an intensive and highly-rated 5-day program for the preparation of delegates in conducting audits and verifying conformance with ISO 22301:2012. The overall concept of the course is to provide practical and theoretical knowledge of the Business Continuity Management System with respect to auditing.
Given the increasing number of disruptions and the unpredictability of disasters of any kind (natural, occupational, information security), organizations nowadays are aiming to get certified against ISO 22301 in order to show commitment toward business continuity and ensure that disruptive incidents are detected and properly addressed, thus the management system is continually improved. By becoming a PECB certified auditor, you will achieve a formal and independent recognition of your personal competences, and you qualify yourself to conduct BCMS audits for a certification body.
Through the 5-day interactive sessions, explanatory information, exercises, and questions for discussion, you will be able to acquire knowledge on the business continuity management system as well as audit techniques and become competent to perform a BCMS audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques, and to manage an audit program and an audit team.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a CQI-IRCA-approved RICI ISO 50001 Lead Auditor credential. By holding a CQI-IRCA-approved ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Before starting this course, students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
a) Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22301
b) Knowledge of the following business continuity management principles and
• The purpose and benefits of a business impact analysis
• The principals of risk assessment and analysis
• Typical business continuity strategies
• Business continuity response options
• BCMS performance metrics, monitoring and performance measurement
• Exercise and testing methodologies
Ensures that the organization is effectively prepared for unexpected events and is able to protect and recover critical business systems by having highly qualified auditors.
The course includes lectures, interactive group and individual workshops, case-studies, role-play exercises and example scenarios. It includes knowledge related to:
- The purpose of a business continuity management system, Management System Audit Standards, Third Party Certification Audits
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a business continuity management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a business continuity management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 22301and in accordance with ISO 19011.
Who Should Attend:
Personnel willing to be qualified auditors to conduct 1st-, 2nd- or 3rd-Party audits for Business Continuity Management System based on ISO 22301:2012 and individuals who want to further enhance their careers as BCMS Auditors
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead business continuity management system (BCMS) audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master the business continuity management system audit process
- Individuals responsible to maintain conformity with the BCMS requirements in an organization
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for the business continuity management system audit
- Expert advisors in business continuity management
A fundamental understanding of ISO 50001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.