ISO 17025:2017 Laboratory Quality Management System Internal Auditor Course
PT255: Quality Management System Internal Auditor based on ISO 17025:2017 (CQI and IRCA Course Approval No – 1867)
This course aims to provide participants with knowledge and skills necessary to carry out internal audits based on ISO 17025:2017 and in accordance with ISO 19011:2011.
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is useful for any organization that performs testing, sampling or calibration and wants reliable results. This includes all types of laboratories, whether they be owned and operated by government, industry or, in fact, any other organization. The standard is also useful to universities, research centers, governments, regulators, inspection bodies, product certification organizations and other conformity assessment bodies with the need to do testing, sampling or calibration.
Through the 4-day interactive sessions, explanatory information, exercises, and questions for discussion, you will be able to acquire knowledge on the business continuity management system as well as audit techniques and become competent to perform an audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques, and to manage an audit program and an audit team.
The benefits of attending this course are:
- Understand the requirements for the audit competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- To establish an internal audit checklist.
- Be able to write a value-adding audit report.
- Identify opportunities for improvements.
- Methods to identify non conformances, if any, in the laboratory.
- Contribute to value-addition and improving the organization’s Laboratory Management System
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 as it relates to management system standards.
- Knowledge of PDCA cycle and process-based quality management systems
- Plan and conduct internal audits based on ISO 17025 and in accordance with ISO 19011 and understand the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of Quality Management Systems
- Identify deficiencies, areas of improvements, report results and follow up the internal audit
Undertake the role of an Auditor to plan, perform, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and through analysis of ISO 17025.
Prior knowledge about ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard is desirable. This course does not intend to fill gaps in knowledge about standards; it aims to enhance existing knowledge about the context of an audit.