ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Transition Training Course
ISO 14001 is the internationally recognized Quality Management System (QMS) standard that can benefit any organization of any size. An ISO 14001 quality management system will help you with continually monitoring and managing quality across your business so that improvements can be made in the requisite areas. It is a globally adopted Quality Management System with the reputation of a powerful business improvement tool. This course is specifically designed for auditors who are planning to migrate from ISO 14001:2004 to ISO 14001:2015. Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will gain knowledge and understanding of Annex SL and ISO 14001:2015.
The ISO 14001:2015 Transition course enables you to gain a thorough understanding of the differences between ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 14001:2015. During this training course, you will be able to acquire the necessary knowledge and expertise to support an organization in planning and implementing the process of transitioning from an ISO 14001:2004 EMS to ISO 14001:2015 in a timely manner.
Over 2 days of training, you will learn how to carry out procedures including how to plan and initiate an audit, vital activities during the audit; and follow-up processes and reporting. At the end of the course, you will take our ISO 14001 transition exam to certify your knowledge. The course is fully up-to-date with the latest standard: ISO 14001.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a CQI-IRCA-approved ISO 14001 Lead Auditor credential. By holding a CQI-IRCA approved ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Benefits to an Organization
Our aim is to help organizations by training auditors who are in the process of adopting ISO 14001:2015. On successful completion of the ISO 14001 certification, your organization can assure stakeholders that your environmental management system (EMS) meets international industry-specific environmental standards. Every company: large or small; services, industrial, manufacturing, or trade-related has an impact on the environment and can, therefore, benefit from ISO 14001 certification.
ISO 14001 requires that Environmental Objectives and Targets be quantitative. In addition, every level of an organization must be examined for incorporation in the Environmental Targets. ISO 14001 requires the organization to utilize the list of significant environmental aspects previously developed and to evaluate the prevention of pollution commitment included in the Environmental Policy statement.
The course includes lectures, interactive groups and individual workshops, case-studies and real-time / simulation-based role-play exercises.
The Course is divided into two main modules:
Module 1: Annexure SL Changes
This course aims to provide participants with knowledge related to:
- Purpose, scope and overview of Annex SL Appendix
- Framework for generic management system requirements
- New and revised terms; and,
- Relationship between external, internal issues, requirements of interested parties, actions to address risk and opportunities
- Overview of Context of the organization, leadership, planning, support; and.
- Planning, conducting, reporting and following up of the audit according to new version of standards
Module 2: Revised Environmental Management System Requirements:
- Differences and changes which arise in environmental management system requirements due to publishing of new version of standards: ISO 14001:2015
- Auditing environmental management systems based on new EMS specifics
Who Should Attend
Organizations that are planning to adopt and implement Environmental Management System based on ISO 14001:2015 or individuals & auditors who are planning to transition from ISO 14001:2004 to ISO 14001:2015:
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Environmental Management System (EMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Environmental Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with EMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Environmental Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Environmental Management