For Certification Inquiry
Energy Management System ISO 50001: 2011
The ISO 50001 standard specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system, whose purpose is to enable an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy security, energy use and consumption. The standard aims to help organizations continually reduce their energy use, and therefore their energy costs and their greenhouse gas emissions.
ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001. This makes it easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management. The internationally recognized certification from RICI Company Limited will support organizations to assure their customers in the organization’s ability to contribute by being energy-conscious.
Benefits of ISO 50001:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions about energy use
- Measure the results
- Reduce the impact of rising costs,
- Meet legislative or self-imposed carbon targets,
- Reduce reliance on fossil fuels, and
- Enhance the entity’s reputation as a socially responsible organization.