At RICI, calibration is the comparison of an instrument whose value is in question (the Unit Under Calibration, or UUC) to another instrument whose value is known (the Metrology Standard) and is more accurate than the UUC (i.e., contains a much smaller uncertainty). A calibration is not an adjustment, correction, or repair though. Those are separate actions that could be taken as a result of the calibration action, which is simply to report how much error is in the UUC. If the error exceeds a pre-determined limit (usually the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s warranted performance specifications) then an adjustment or repair may be needed in order to minimize the UUC error. In this respect we are looking for an experienced and motivated calibration technician to join our team.
- University degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or electronics, instrumentation, industrial) or
- Diploma in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or electronics, instrumentation, industrial)
- 0-5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Metrological technical standards Knowledge. (Electrical / Mechanical/ Mass / Pressure etc.)
- Knowledge of UUC (Equipment which require calibration)
- Master equipment Operational Knowledge
- Resource scheduling and planning
- Working knowledge of LIMS
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 & ISO 9001
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word/Power point/Projects
- Knowledge to estimate measurement uncertainty.
- Workplace safety & environment
- Preservation & Logistics
- Preventive maintenance
- Equipment safe operation and use
- 5S (workplace organization)
- Mathematics and statistical knowledge
Responsibilities & authorities:
- To ensure safe working environment
- To follow daily calibration schedule and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- To perform calibrations of equipment and to prepare the observation sheets/ calibration certificates accordingly.
- To prepare and paste the labels on equipment calibrated on the same day.
- To ensure equipment maintenance and cleaning before and after the calibration
- To ensure proper and safe transportation and authentication of master equipment for on-site calibrations
- To travel multiple regions for on-site calibration.
- To support technical manager for legal metrology tasks.
- To communicate Supervisor the need of training for the area of competence requires improvement.
- To perform all other related jobs assigned by Supervisor.
- Your job description may vary from time to time at the sole discretion of the company.
- Reviewing & Signing his calibration certificate
- Communication skills (Written and Verbal both in English, Preference will be given for English/Arabic Both)
- Conflict resolution
- Team Building
- Positive Thinking
Send your resume now: email@example.com